Tuesday 8 November 2016

Fairies and field mice

Hi guys,

Wow a bit of a break from science!! I think my head is about to pop off my shoulders. The science itself is pretty easy (it is only GCSE equivalent), but it is the application adn finding the references that I am struggling with. Oh, and it doesn't help when you do not read the question correctly and so are trying to find out something completely irrelevant! Duh.

Anyway, I have created a card to celebrate the last of the autumn colour (we are forcast snow for tonight afterall).
I used a card blank with a slight frame embossed onto it. I then used a bright pink ink pad to ink onto this frame. I used a hunkydory topper for the centre, with a flower that matched the ink pad. The mouse images are free on the A Day for Daisies challenge blog, to use for their Add Burlap or Kraft challenge. I coloured these with normal felt pens (again highlighting with a pink to match the frame) and added goggly eyes. Finally I added a Kraft punched flower to each mouse (I do not have any burlap unfortunately). The sentiment was hand-written in the felt pen.

Besides the A Day for Daisies challenge I would also like to enter this into these challenges:
Crafty Calender Autumn Colours challenge (seed heads and the final show of colour).
Deep Ocean #141 Die-cuts or punches (I used a folwer punch on Kraft card)
alphabet challenge - R for Recipe Square (right hand column or left to right diagonal)
Melonheadzfriends Add a sentiment challenge
CCEE1644 Wobbly (eyes)


I also thought you might like to see my new WIP:

I have done just over 2 hours so far lol.

I do have a finish to share with you though - my kitty at just over 8 hours to complete:




Thank you for looking,

Hugz Tinz



5 comments:

  1. Hi your card is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge R for Recipe (use three elements from the recipe). Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the topper-and great cross stitch cat and meant to say love the fish tank too-my daughter has just got into cross stitch
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card design - thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card, I love the addition of the mice and the colour matching is fab.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with November'a "Add Some Burlap" Challenge at A Day for Daisies! Good luck with all of your science!! Hugs, Cathy ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.