Sunday 21 August 2016

Thank you lilies and some woolly creatures!

Hi there,

Today I have given one of my rabbits back, the trophies for the produce show back and made a thank you card. I have been trying to sell my rabbits for a while, and didn't really want to send them back to pets at home, as I felt that this was not suitable for a rabbit that has known pet life already. However, nobody wanted to buy the rabbits and they were starting to pull chunks of fur out of each others bottoms. So as they were both due to be vaccinated this weekend we had a good think, and decided to give Arthur back to pets at home to rehome for us. We made this decision as he is the one that is more likely to be rehomed as he is very much a people bunny, and is very pretty colours too. As we got Doris through the adoption scheme due to her looking too much like a wild rabbit, we decided she would probably be sitting in the tiny pet shop pen for far too long - and besides she doesn't wind my poor blind kitty up!

The trophies were from the local produce show, which is just about to come around again and so I have had to return the trophies ready for this years winners. Unfortunately I will not be getting any of the trophies back due to moving away from the area just before the show, which is in two weeks time :(. Good luck to everybody that can submit entries again this year though.

And now onto my card creation:

Yup this is a short, long card - I made the first cut the wrong way and had to improvise! The main image is a digital image from My Craft Studio Best of Craft Studio Christmas CDRom, but I thought it worked well for a thank you card. I decided to use a green and cream colour scheme as they are nice and light and gracious. I die cut the image using Nellie Snellen frame dies and I also die-cut the sentiment using a die that came free with a magazine on handmade yellow textured paper. I stuck this to a green textured paper so that it would sit correctly on the card. I also printed a lady bird strip using lilybug #2 from the polkadoodles lilybug collection. I coloured them using Aqua maker Fern Green and Promarkers in Cool Grey 5, Primrose and Satin.

To make the card base I cut a piece of card to 6x8". I then measured 2" in from the short side and 1" down, and then cut from this point down to 1" from the bottom (this is where I went wrong as it should have been along the long edge that the cut was made!). I then scored along the long edge, from the right of the cut, at 1" and 1.5", folding out and then in, to make the steps. I attached each of the panels as shown.

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:
SOS #265 Whats the good word? (Using word dies)
Die-cuttin' divas #279 Thank you
mod squad - the die's the thing
addicted to stamps and more #207 Make your mark
Hanna and Friends #255 Favourite colour combo (cream and green) - I have many favourites -this one is a delicate option.
polkadoodle - add texture (handmade papers)
melonheadz friends - Use die-cuts/punches
Crafting by design - Anything Goes
dragonfly dreams - more than one fold

And now for some woolly critters - first five :) on the Woollen Trail at Brown's Hill Quary nature reserve, Leicestershire.
 Entry sign - how many can you see?
 Cute rabbit
 and a bumblebee
 and a ladybird...
 a funky slug and
a hidden little mouse!  - Five on the sign at the entrance!!!

Thank you for looking,

Hugz Tinz

11 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Due Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is darling!
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card - Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! Thanks for linking up your project with us at Shopping Our Stash.

    Stacey
    Stacey’s Creative Corner
    Shopping Our Stash, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such a pretty card. Thankyou for taking the time out to join in with our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Card. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa DT Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this fun fold card, those Lady Bugs are adorable and the die cut sentiment fabulous.
    Thank you for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and I adore those woolly critters, they are the cutest ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I really like the thank you die cut. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fold card, very elegant! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.