Saturday 2 July 2016

Shocking Snake

Hi there,

It has been lovely today - shame I spent the morning at work and the afternoon trying to get my car sorted. I have only had it 3-4 weeks and there is already a fault with it!! So I had to top my engine oil up again - that will be twice in one week. Sounds easy yes! NO none of the local petrol stations have the oil I need, none of the garages are open Saturday afternoon, so I had to get a similar oil from Wilkos. Grrr so frustrated just now!

However I have made a card using one of the cross stitch designs I have had stored away for a while. I thought it was past time to start using some of these - and this time I used a little snake.

I used a geometric papermania square card blank as the base. First I placed a ribbon across the centre of the card. I have just bought some dies from Creative Dies, and I used the largest Ornate Frame on pearlescent red card. The stitching was backed with white card before layering onto the red panel, and then the panel was attached to the card with 3D foam tape. Finally some curling ribbon and a flower gem were used to make a bright topper.

This card was based around the Atlantic Hearts Sketch:



 I would also like to enter this card for the following challenges:
OLL #207 Sun, Sand and Sea (you get snakes in the sand - and there is a sun behind the snake)
Deep Ocean - Colours of summer
Crafty Ribbons #157 Summer
Crafty Calendar - Punches/Dies

 I also have some more little critter pictures to share with you :) Therefore there is no new pet introduction this time, but watch out for Mondays blog post - I will introduce Furby to you. Can you guess what she is though?

 Damselfly
 And a close-up showing that it is an Azure Damselfly
 Cinnebar Moth
Newly emerged ladybird - just drying out the wing cases to develop the redness and spots!

I do like my allotments for seeing little critters. I had a Dragonfly - a Southern Hawker again - playing around my pond and he has been round there since Tuesday I think it was. I thought he had damaged himself as he was always there and didn't fly away when I knocked the plant he was on (or more corretly nettle he was on). However, after nearly squashing him today when picking my raspberries (he was behind the think stem, as was the raspberry) he climbed on my finger, vibrated his wings and then took off over the houses on tha far side of the allotment!! Little terror obviously didn't like being nearly squished.

And here are my Brussels Sprouts planted out and netted from the pigeons!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and look at my blog.

Hugz Tinz

9 comments:

  1. Lovely cross stitch. Thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and love that cross stitched square... gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative to showcase a wee cross stitched piece this way! Great job using those bright chopper colours as well! Love this card! TY for playing along with us at AHSC this week! ~ Ali (AHSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summer colors! Thanks for playing at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tinz; You actually embroidered a snake!? That's funtastic! We appreciate your joining in our challenge with animals at Crafty Ribbons this week. Welcome back!

    La Vikinga // Crafty Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - hope you get your car sorted, sound like you're having a bit of a time with it.
    Great cross stitching & card - love the summery colours.
    Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of cross stitch on a card, so clever! Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cross stitch and great snake pattern love the border stitching too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi - Please remember that you have to Join and Follow our challenge blog to be in with a chance of winning the prizes over at Crafty Calendar.
    Bev (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.