Saturday 11 June 2016

30 days wild - Day 11

Hi there,

The weather doesn't know what to do at the moment - flash flooding and then the sun is out and the plants are drying up! So I have been going down to the allotment every day so far, and on the days I haven't been down I have tried to do something for 30 days wild still. As I do walk to work, and have the allotment I already spend a lot of time outside and looking at wildlife. And I already blog about the wildlife I have seen. I decided for 30 days wild, I would take some pictures everyday - big FAIL lol. That little camera is very hard to remember to pick up and my phone camera just isn't up to the job as it is just a point and click! However, I have written a poem:

Summer is coming,
However it may seem
With Skylarks singing
High above and unseen.

Flowers are blooming,
 Their scent everywhere
But the sun remains hidden,
It does not care.

The butterflies are hiding
Away from the rain,
But a little bit of sunshine
Will bring them out again.

Summer is coming,
Though the weather doesn't know
But we can easily see it
With the way things do grow!

I have also put a variety of bits out for the wild birds - including eggs, which the Corvids have enjoyed and even managed to get a few photos. I didn't get down to the allotment yesterday, so my and hubby went for a walk in the rain instead, to see the little cygnets, and feed them duck food (which actually did not go down well). We even saw a family of ducks!




I also have another introduction for you today - meet Tufts, one of my young boys. He has gone to a new home this afternoon with a lass who has had mice off me previously. He was beaten up by his litter mate a few months ago and so has bald patches on his bottom which will probably never grow back, but he is a cuddly little fella.


And my craft piece for today is also a little wild - he still needs a bow adding and making into a card, but the stitching is all finished:




I would like to enter this little guy for the following challenges:
Crafty Catz - #328 Animal Magic 
Deep Ocean - #130 Furry/Feathered friends

Thank you for looking at my blog - I will have things that are growing as well as an audio book review on Tuesday - no blog before this as I am at Download tomorrow!!

Hugz Tinz

2 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful mouse cross stitch and beautiful pics
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cross stitch thank you for joining us over on
    Crafty Catz on this week's challenge
    Dianne xx
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.