Thursday 3 December 2015

The Last Creature

Good evening,

As promised here are a couple of new - non-card - creations and an update on my height chart cross stitch.

Firstly here is my amigarumi bluebird:
This is my first crochet animal and I am very pleased how he has turned out! I would have preferred black eyes, but these were all the local wool shop had. I would like to add this little guy into the crafting by designs Anything Goes December challenge.

Next is the completed cross stitch for November - a leaf sweeping doggie:
This little guy will be made into a card at some point.

And here is the Dino update at 25 hours

I tried a Western story from the library this time - as an actual paperback book - and here is my review:
The Last Ride by Thomas Eidson
This is a western, which is not my usual genre. The storyline is about a dying man who left Western ways to join with the Indians, but now as he is nearing his time of death, he has gone back home to his daughter, to try to explain and die with a clear conscience. Unfortunately his daughter wants nothing to do with him. That is until her oldest daughter gets kidnapped by some Apache Indians, and it seems that this old man is the only one who is able to track them successfully.

This was a very good book, which looks at a lot of different problems that can arise between people, because of culture, religion and belief. The twists and turns of the story keep you guessing, and the author really allows you to get to know the main characters, while keeping the kidnappers at a distance, ensuring that they are seen as completely bad throughout the story, while others go from a bad to a good perspective. If you like Western style adventure stories then this is a good one.

Thank you for looking,

Hugz Tinz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.