Sunday 25 October 2015

Mardi Gras - maybe a little late?

Hi there,

As I mentioned previously we were having a Mardi Gras themed meal at work on Friday and home-made masks were required. So here is what I came up with:

I used these Christmas stamps - holly heat embossed with sea green WOW, and festive flourish with a bright blue embossing powder:
I was going to use the reindeer from the lower stamp set, but it was part of the bauble and I couldn't be bothered messing with it so went with two from the top set instead. I then added gold glitter glue around the eyes (after dropping the new and large bottle on the floor and splitting it right the way across!!!), before adding the feathers - which are from my pet birds (yes I realised this was the wrong way round to do things when I kept putting my fingers in the glitter glue - it was only because I dropped the bottle that I added the glue so soon!!). It went down well at the meal :)

I would like to enter this mask into the following challenges:
country view #32 Add some texture
papertake weeky All about the base
modsquad Flip Flop

Thank you for looking and I hope you enjoy laughing at my misfortune with this creation :D

Hugz Tinz

1 comment:

  1. What a super idea to require homemade masks. I bet there were some doozies??? Yours is beautiful, especially with the feathers! Very clever!! Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along at Mod Squad this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.