Wednesday 22 July 2015

Thinking by Chance

Hello there and welcome to another blog post. I was rained off the allotment after work, so I made this card instead:
I do seem to be making a few CAS cards just recently. For this one I made a card blank from pink card and layered a panel of blue stripy paper from some packaging. I took a smaller, cream panel (the packing slip from my Joanna Sheen order lol) and tacked the frame from a die-cut heart to the panel. I then stamped a pheonix in pink ink all over the frame. I allowed this to dry and then re-stamped the image, overlapping the original images, and heat embossed with 'Candy Blue' embossing powder, removing the stencil before I heat embossed to ensure no powder was trapped behind. I then added the peel-off sentiment and adhered to the card base to finish.
So I thought this card would be suitable for the following challenges:
artistic inspirations #136 Anything Goes
aud sentiments 136 Anything Goes
alphabet challenge K for Kind Thoughts
crafting by design Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin No designer paper

I have started working on my fish tank again for a little while, as I was itching to get some more done, but I will have to go back to the height chart soon! Here is the fish tank at just over 92 hours.
And here is the audio book review:
Nanny by Chance by Betty Neels
This is a romance novel of the Mills and Boon type, but without the sexual innuendos and intrigue of normal Mills and Boon stories. Minty was born late in life to two Celtic history fanatics and has been brought up with some old-fashioned views. She spent several years keeping house for her parents until she finally managed to convince them to let her go to study medicine. However, her parents accept a job for her, which will delay her starting the nursing course for several weeks, and initially she is bitterly disappointed. When she finally meets the gentleman and the young nephews she will be overseeing, she finds that she thoroughly enjoys the job and is in fact reluctant to leave them, although she has to as her place is booked and there is no more need of her with the boys.

This is a humourous and light-hearted romance and should be taken as such. There are plenty of moments where you smack your forehead and groan, and moments that make you laugh out loud. I found the story very enjoyable although it did seem to be a little rushed at the end – with a very obvious happy ending.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty design - thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and I love your stitching too!

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, thank you for playing with the no dp challenge at Sweet Stampin'.

    The fish tank is fantastic, sweetie, love it. Happy Friday!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.