So here is the other card that I started yesterday. What was taking so long was the cutting out for the paper-piecing of the poinsettia!!
Firstly I took a pearlescent card to make a base, and die-cut the shape. Next a piece of patterned paper was added diagonally across the card. In retrospect I should have used a paper with a slightly subtler pattern! The poinsettia was stamped over this panel and heat embossed with Heat It Up in Black Sparkle. The image was stamped onto the same paper as the base panel, and also onto a black polka dot paper, which was heat embossed with stardust embossing powder. Layers were cut out from these papers and added to the base stamped image, leaving some areas bare for a more 3D effect. To finish a matching ribbon was added down the side, with a tag, bow and sentiment to finish.