Monday 3 February 2014

Playing!

I have been playing with glitter this weekend! I was going to enter this card for the promarker challenge but decided the colouring is not obvious enough, but I wanted to share it anyway. A sentiment will eventually be added to the bottom right, but as this card can have so many uses I did not want to add the sentiment until it is about to be used.
I stuck a panel of patterned paper to the top of a lilac card blank. The flower edging was stamped onto thick cream card and coloured using the promarkers, and then stuck at the top and bottom of the patterned paper. A butterfly was added and a flower added to the bottom after accenting with promarker (cannot really make this out) and then covering with pale blue glitter.

For the promarker 'anything goes' challenge I decided to try something else a little different. As this was a new technique I am also entering this card for CCT NEW.
I stamped  a 'honey and hugs' deer to a die-cut circle and also die-cut a second, larger circle out of the base card. I then used DMC light effects thread to attach the stamped circle into the centre of the circle aperture. Unfortunately I did pull the thread a little tight in places.

An update on my fish tank cross stitch. It is now at 32hours!

Hugz Tinz

1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous Tinz.Adorable deer and i love your threaded frame,
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.